I liked it a lot more than I thought I would! - 83%

PowerMetalGuardian, May 11th, 2003

Well I liked this album more than I thought I would. I am not into the whole goth/gothic metal music, so I can't review this album in a gothic perspective. In fact I find this album really hard to review, because I haven't heard anything like Lacuna Coil! It's very different!

Here is my attempt to review the music! Riffs, solo's, drumming, etc. isn't noticeable. The one thing I didn't like about this album is that it isn't heavy enough. Sure there is some distortion, but not heavy enough to actually make me headbang, or want to for that matter. It kind of reminds me of Opeth, the music is based on mood, soft at some parts and heavy at others to either get you pissed off or happy!

The singing is probably the best part of this album. Cristina has a very beautiful voice, even for this style of metal! Andrea also has a very beautiful voice, that is when he is singing in clean style (which is most of his parts on this album). He does go dm style on the song 1.19 which kicks ass. The other times he sings with to much aggression, it sounds like some one smaked him on the head with a beer bottle, and now he is pissed off at you. But who would have thought, a girl and guy singer?! The greatest part about this duet, both singers blend in togther with grace!

Mood and setting, that is what this album has to offer the most! It is like a gothic poetry convention! The lyrics are deep, either graceful or full of anger. The music blends togther wonderfully, making a great sound. I would recommend it to anyone, just for a try. It's almost like those cd's to help you relax, they have all the nature sounds and storm sounds, the cd relxes the listner with its beautiful sound of melodic metal!