The songs that brought commercial success - 100%

shantanupatni1991, February 12th, 2009

Breaking The Law – The first riff I ever played on the guitar, the first actual song I finished, the first I ever performed on stage and the song I heard 25 times a day without fail for more than half a year. This short sweet evergreen classic gives me Goosebumps till date.

It’s a song of their first majorly successful release, British Steel. And after you listen to it, you’ll know why it’s the band’s most popular and easily recognizable song. Despite having the simplest structure, a length less than three minutes and no achievement in technical brilliance, innovation or special skill, this song can probably be found on every metal head’s list of all time favourites. Now that’s something!

The lyrics are equally simple yet powerful, instantaneously memorable and meaningful.

There I was completely wasting
Out of work and down
All inside it's so frustrating
As I drift from town to town
Feel as though nobody cares if I live or die
So I might as well begin
To put some action in my life

So much for the golden future
I can't even start
I've had every promise broken
There's anger in my heart
You don't know what it's like
You don't have a clue
If you did you'd find yourselves
Doing the same thing too

Coming to the other song, Metal Gods, which the band members are called today, is another evergreen classic. Unlike the previous one, this has a perfectly bent out solo and is comparitively slow in tempo.

Now these guys clearly know how to compose and design songs in such a way that they get stuck in your head forever. I just wish I could give this more than a hundred.