The songs that brought commercial success - 100%

shantanupatni1991, February 12th, 2009

Breaking The Law – The first riff I ever played on the guitar, the first actual song I finished, the first I ever performed on stage and the song I heard 25 times a day without fail for more than half a year. This short sweet evergreen classic gives me Goosebumps till date.

It’s a song of their first majorly successful release, British Steel. And after you listen to it, you’ll know why it’s the band’s most popular and easily recognizable song. Despite having the simplest structure, a length less than three minutes and no achievement in technical brilliance, innovation or special skill, this song can probably be found on every metal head’s list of all time favourites. Now that’s something!

The lyrics are equally simple yet powerful, instantaneously memorable and meaningful.

There I was completely wasting
Out of work and down
All inside it's so frustrating
As I drift from town to town
Feel as though nobody cares if I live or die
So I might as well begin
To put some action in my life

So much for the golden future
I can't even start
I've had every promise broken
There's anger in my heart
You don't know what it's like
You don't have a clue
If you did you'd find yourselves
Doing the same thing too

Coming to the other song, Metal Gods, which the band members are called today, is another evergreen classic. Unlike the previous one, this has a perfectly bent out solo and is comparitively slow in tempo.

Now these guys clearly know how to compose and design songs in such a way that they get stuck in your head forever. I just wish I could give this more than a hundred.

My All-Time Favorite Judas Priest Song - 100%

elfo19, March 22nd, 2008

I wanted to write a review of this single t express my love for "Breaking The Law." Normally I would just write a review of the "British Steel" album but I felt that the rest of the songs on that album were a bit weak and I would have a hard time giving anything with "Breaking The Law" on it any less that a 90.

So here we are with one of the greatest metal songs of all time. The riff is one of the most memorable and the overall song is one of the greatest early metal songs ever. It's not the catchy pop of "Living After Midnight" or the hard metal of other Priest songs but it finds a very good midlle. It's similar to "You Got Another Thing Coming" but shorter, and much better. In this two minute song there are so many unique and memorable parts and the viewing of the music video makes me like the song even more.

One of my favorite metal songs finally being reviewed and I have little to say except this: If you've never heard this song then hurry quickly to iTunes or wherever you get your music and buy it now!