Musicide - 0%

Chongajlo, November 25th, 2012

It's pretty hard to describe the crappiness and the absolute lack of musicianship here. Nevertheless, I'll give it an honest try.

First of all, the production is absolutely horrible. It sounds like this guy (since this is a one man project) made a distortion pedal by modifying a walkman, or maybe even a vacuum cleaner, it's all a fair guess at this point, and simply recorded the rhythm section using an old tape recorder. Of course, he probably used the tape recorder's microphone to allow all sorts of background noises, you know, just to spice things up a bit. He then probably transfered it from a tape player to a computer. That about sums up the guitar sound. Vocals seem to have pretty much been done the same way.

As for drums, I honestly have no idea how one can accomplish that sound as it sounds really muddy and distant. It's like a snare drum sample was used as an entire drum kit, it's volume increasing and decreasing throughout the songs and echoing around. It's also off beat, snare is hit pretty randomly throughout the song and then simply echoed a couple of times. Truly a revolutionary approach, which, to my great pleasure, doesn't seem to be catching on.

Bass is inaudible. I assume it's somewhere in that white noise sounding cacophony which represents guitarwork, but then again, it might as well not be there at all. Anything's possible.

Then, to top off the mix, this guy added reverb effect on an entire mix, making it sound even more like white noise with distorted pig squealing on top of it.

Of course, I may be wrong about an entire process. This may have been done in an actual studio (what a dreadful thought), I was simply trying to describe this piece of quasimusical excrement as it sounds to me. This is as insulting to me as a musician as I'm sure it must be to the Jews. This guy should be euthanized, or at least neutered so he doesn't produce any offspring.