Macbeth thane of cawdor!!! - 93%

PowerMetalGuardian, February 7th, 2003

Wow, I acutally didn't think this album was going to be good, but I was surprised. First off let me talk about the music. Very good riffs, vocals, even the bass and drumming should be highly noted. From the opening of the Thane of Cawdor to the end of the Tragedy of Macbeth, you are forged with the best musician ship skills. The mix of all the instruments is beautiful and even the violins at some time. Most concept album that I have heard are shitty becasue they concentrate to much on the story and not much on the music. This is not one of those times. Both the music and the story are great. The album is about the Scottish lord, and Shakespeare play, Macbeth. I have to give an A for Jag Panzer for accuracy. The lyrics follow nicely with the patern of the story, and if you've ever read Macbeth then you can follow it along and know what the fuck there singing about. There are a bunch of fucking good songs on this album, but the Tragedy of Macbeth is the epiteth of why this album kick ass. It starts off soft then grows in heavy riffs and to the death of Macbeth. Wonderful portrayal of Mabeth and overall great metal album!!!