Can anyone say "Ca$h grab"? - 30%

invaders, June 29th, 2011

What the hell is wrong with this band? They still have a bit of musical credibility and have so much money that they could probably wipe their arses with £50 notes if they wanted to.
But I suppose, toilet paper does run out. So what is the solution to that?
Release yet another Iron Maiden Best of the best of the best of the best of.

I'll start off by stating that I'm not a Maiden-n00b, nor am I a Maiden hater. I do love this band.
Under Overkill, they are my 2nd favourite band, but for about the last 10 years or so, they seem to be content with ripping the fans off.

I mean, there isn't anything in this release that we haven't heard a million times before.
Fear Of The Dark alone has been released on nearly every live album and compilation since the song's inception, as have many more.

Now, it's not that the songs are crap. Far from it. The songs are awesome, It's just that we've heard the same ones over and over and over again.
There are much better songs on the 90's+ albums that didn't make the cut.

The main thing that pisses me off with this band, is that they just keep releasing the same old shit, year in year out and it's getting a bit monotonous to say the least.

But again, Maiden like to spoon feed the n00bs and keep us lifelong fans buying their material with the only thing that makes this release worthwhile; the cover art.
But even this time, the cover art alone cannot save this travesty.
It's good, don't get me wrong, but it ain't no Best Of The Beast or Live After Death is it? No, it fuckin' well isn't!

So in conclusion, don't buy this album. Just relish in the fact that Maiden weren't always so money hungry and were once paving the way for metal.
I just hope they keep releasing quality studio albums and stop releasing compilation and live albums because lets face it, we've bought the same Best of about 15 times now...