This band has great potential - 82%

PhantomMullet, December 30th, 2005

This is an excellent demo. Over 20 minutes of great american black metal. The first song Excidium starts off very powerfully. Soon enough, keyboards come in and then the vocals. The last minute of the song is a nice keyboard passage with a slow down from the aggression. The title track starts out very cool and is fairly similar to Excidium. The third song starts out with some cool riffs. It's fairly short compared but it's one of the faster songs on the demo. At about 1:50 the keyboards start to really stand out. And last we have Fields of Mourning, which is probably the most melancholy song on the demo. A cool guitar solo can be heard in the middle of the song. Very beautiful way to end the demo.

I also must add that every song on this demo sounds very similar to some older, and well-known black metal bands. Inquinok is a very talented band and I can't wait to see what else they can come up with. If you're a fan of Dissection, Emperor (think Nightside Eclipse), or even Dimmu Borgir, you will not be dissapointed with this demo.

Shadows Amongst The Moonlight - 90%

crimsonmoon, January 5th, 2005

I came across this band on a couple extreme metal sites as well as seeing them in Metal Maniacs and decided to purchase their demo. Let's just say I wasn't dissapointed at all, Inquinok is one of the best black metal bands I've ever heard come out of the states.

The first song on the demo (Excidium) is a superb song, when hearing it for the first time it felt like I was hearing some classic black metal song, it's that good. The first riff is great, as soon as the song starts you know your in for a epic journey. Their is a lot of great riffing throughtout the song as well, with a excellent melodic part at the end to balance out the aggressive first half. The other songs on the demo are also top notch, I also love the title track, great atmosphere and excellent switch between the guitars and keyboards playing the melodies. The third song on the demo is the shortest but it's intense from start to finish. Fields of Mourning the last song, is the most melodic song and the catchiest, this song features some great guitar work as well as an excellent solo.

As for the members, all do their jobs well, the leads on Shadows and Fields are really well written and executed. The vocals on all tracks are excellent, I love the play with the different vocal styles Krelian does. The production isn't the best in the world but it's pretty good for a demo, I love the atmosphere throughout the album and the guitars sound pretty heavy, the drums sound a little weak at times but it's not anything that really takes away from the experience.

Overall though this demo is one of the best I've heard from a black metal band from the states and I can't wait to hear the full lenght with some of these songs re-recorded.