Not your average DSBM... - 99%

alexcorthell, April 13th, 2010

If you ever take the time to look at your life, and you believe that your thoughts provoke melancholy or dejection, then One Final Action just might be the audible form of Depression. The DSBM scene these days is according to some people, "degenerating" or becoming the new Deathcore. If this is true then I hope new DSBM sounds like I'm In a Coffin, because you just might be hearing the future of black metal.

For those of you who have been unfortunate enough to listen to that appalling demo "Buried Alive" Most of you would probably not even want to ever hear IIAC 's name again, I didn't for a while. Everything about Buried Alive in my opinion sounded terrible, especially So Numb, So dead; It was depressing in the way that I knew if I listened to it any longer I'd probably kill myself from how atrocious it sounds.

If you're lenient towards IIAC however, then you might just listen to one of the greatest DSBM album ever. You will first notice IIAC has a knack in adding samples to the beginning of tracks, while it might at first be a turn off, it quickly becomes clear that the samples perfectly harmonize with the music. Another Thing you will notice is the very powerful bass guitar. It almost drowns out the fuzzy guitar that usually just floats along with the bass playing simple chords, although there are a few guitar solos believe it or not. Speaking off bass this One Final Action almost completely lacks any bass drumming, thanks to the Drum machine. The drumming itself is very simple and stripped down. It usually plays simple 4X4 rhythms, but it is strangely suiting to the album.

The one thing that stands out in my mind is definitely the vocals. I have never heard anything like it. It does not sound like a guy in some Scandinavian forest. It does not sound like a Malefic style "echo from death," and it certainly does not sound like emo Morbid from Happy Days. Imagine more like Silencer, minus the old lady sound to the voice and substitute it with pure anguish. Even if in reality IIAC is a total joke band, they still give off an eerie effect of gloominess that in my opinion, Trist is the only comparable band

I would talk about each song word by word, but I want whoever is reading this to download, or better yet buy the album. I think there is still a few left on Ebay somewhere. This is easily one of my most cherished albums, and I recommend this album to any fan of music, for this is as close to perfection as it gets.

"Once A Man Realizes How Futile Life Truly Is, Depression Is The Only Reality He Knows For Depression Is The Only True Reality"