I listened to the entire song. Big mistake. - 1%

DGYDP, December 23rd, 2007

When I got this single as a gift from a friend, I noticed how it had only one song on it. I don’t like singles with only one song on it, because there’s really no purpose in buying a single when you can get the entire album with the same song plus a bunch of other ones. Anybody who would buy this, even if they like the music, is either really stupid or the band’s greatest fan. This is my first complaint. I figured that since this is the only song on the disc it must be a really good song. Also, since it’s of the first album that Vinnie Paul played on since Dimebag’s death, it gave me more reason to believe this would be awesome. Before actually listening to it, I looked up some more information about the band (because I didn’t really knew much about it). Turns out that Chad Gray from Mudvayne did the vocals. I have heard that band before and I can safely say that this guy has one of the most annoying voices to ever reach my ears. On guitar, another Mudvayne member. I don’t like them, and I wondered why an awesome drummer like Vinnie would want to make music with a band like Mudvayne. I’m still wondering why …

The song starts of with Gray’s annoying voice, and a slow guitar riff in the background. The purpose of the intro is not clear to me, but maybe they wanted to scare away all metal fans by putting 25 seconds of “stay away” in the beginning of the song. Is this the first thing that Paul wanted to let his fans hear after years of absence? I can’t believe it. After this, a simple, “heavy” guitar riff kicks in while Gray demonstrates how much he sucks as singing. I think he tried to do some sort of scream, but if this is his idea of screaming than he probably needs to get his mental health checked. I’m waiting until he finally stops making noise until Paul starts doing a kick ass drum solo to demonstrate he still has the skills. This doesn’t occur, and in stead, the listener has to endure more than 200 seconds of Gray’s crappy vocals. During this time, only a couple of different guitar riffs are audible. If you thought that the instrumental part would make up for Chad’s incapability, you were wrong. The riffs are ridiculously simple. Thank god that there are also drums playing, to indicate that Paul is in fact still alive. The problem is that in stead of an awesome drum beat, it’s just basic, simple stuff. I’m not going to say that I could play it, but you get the point. Next thing to focus on was the bass. But where is the bass? After distinguishing the bass line, I discover it’s just a copy of the rhythm guitar part. Crap. There’s not a single instrument worth listening to in this song. I’m getting really desperate. Just when I start to think it can’t get any worse, there’s a solo. Thank god, at least somebody decided to save this song from absolute failure.

Too bad the solo is worth nothing. It’s easy as hell and I’m sure Dimebag would roll in his grave if he heard what replacement Paul had chosen for his lead guitar work. Even if it’s a horrible solo, at least there is a solo. This is the coolest part of the song because it’s the only part where Chad finally shuts the hell up. Then again, complete silence is more fun to listen to than Chad Gray. Then he starts singing again. Holy son of god, the annoying intro from the beginning starts playing again. Somebody stop this bullshit. Thank god the song ends soon after, because I was about to murder my cd player.

I can’t believe I listened to the entire song. After hearing it, I feel like murdering all members of Mudvayne. Is there even a positive side about this project? What the hell happened to Paul? Why? WHY?

Well … I wouldn’t know …

This song receives 1/100, and only because there's half a minute where Chad Gray shuts up. I praise the lord for that part, even though the alternative is a crappy solo.