Disappointing - 55%

HawkMoon, August 11th, 2002

This guy needs no introduction or what do you say? Rob Halford, the metal legend himself, is back in the world of metal after a few steps in wrong directions. So now we shall take a closer look at his latest (studio)-effort.

After that horrifying "Two" project, I'm a bit sceptical but I turn it on anyway. Some background sound (made by a keyboard I think) followed by Rob shouting "Resurrection" and then he repeats the same word, but this time as high-pitched and piercing that only he's capable of. The riff that follows sets just the feeling you wanna hear, this is elite heavy metal, much better than the - I'm sorry to say it - crap! Judas Priest have been producing since Halford left.

Although.. I wish this wasn't such an uneven album. Tracks 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 are all excellent but in between the story is another. I find (most of) the other tracks pretty boring, not to say sloppy written. For example the lyrics aren't exactly any bestsellers. Pretty cool though on "The one you love to hate" cause it features a duet between Halford and Bruce Dickinson (yeah you heard me), two of the best metal vocalists in my opinion, here on the same song (which isn't such a good song but the fact that this duet takes place makes it more interesting).

A pretty decent album, but the hopes of improvement for the next album were pretty quickly crushed, I don't want to say this but.. perhaps this old man has played out his role and the best thing would be retirement while he still has dignity left.