Hur Hur, Me Paint My Self Red And Be Brutal! - 82%

TheMoor, August 7th, 2003

Right. What have we here? Gorerotted is certainly a band with a very so-so image, painted red on stage and all. Actually when I think about it, I really have to see them live someday...... He he. Nonetheless, what we have here is descent gore metal. Mondo Medicale or Necroticism this isn't, still not bad though. The vocals are on pretty much all the time, and you really must admit that the two vocalists work together with their different vocals. More often than not, you will here them both working at the same time, and that undeniably sounds very cool.

The lyrics are standard gore metal. So if you're into that sort of thing, (or you just don't really care about lyrics, like me) theres plenty of violence, slitted throats and decapitated civilians to be found on this record. Gotta admit that the whole thing is pretty damn catchy, as is most gore metal really. Oh yeah, if you dig "UUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" type growls, theres plenty on this album.

As said though, if you're the type that want technical solos and stuff like that, this probably ain't what you're looking though. I must admit, the lack of solos really hurts it a bit though, and it therefore can't achieve a better ranking in my book. The band has great potential, methinks. Guys, throw in some solos on your next, and I'm gonna send you a love letter. Yeah.