A Beautiful Offering To Satan - 100%

metal_bryan, May 31st, 2011

As much as I'd like to expound the music on this album, there's just no way to do so without droning on at length about its obvious influences: Blue Oyster Cult, Black Sabbath, Mercyful Fate, etc. Instead, I'll simply say that this is the best "throwback" album I've ever heard. It religiously adheres to everything which dictated the sound of 70's rock and the progenitors of metal. There are a few sections which tip a hat to the more familiar areas of doom metal, but overall the music just sounds like a Satanic Blue Oyster Cult. Even if you're not a metal fan, this album is spilling over with catchy rock anthems that'll have you singing worship for Satan before you know it. The instrumental track at the end even has a very video-game soundtrack vibe to it, much like something you might hear while playing R-Type, Lifeforce/Salamander or any other old space-shooters.

Ghost steals your soul on the first listen, and you'll just keep on coming back for more. Buy this album and support an amazing band! If you're ever able to catch a live show, you MUST go see them. They're the best live band I've seen in a very long time.

Highlights: Con Clavi Con Dio, Elizabeth, Stand By Him, Death Knell, Genesis