Clarke Brown saves the day! - 60%

overkill67, April 19th, 2004

I don't quite know what to say about this album aside from the fact that i've owned it since it was released in 97...and I am still unsure as to whether or not I really dig it. Overall its not a great album from beginning to end. However, it does have its moments that truly shine. For the most part...this album can really be appreciated simply for Clarke Brown's unique and origional style of vocals...he can really sing...but he can also sound as heavy as fuck when he wants to as well. Of course Deen Castronovo's drumming is amazing...but one would expect no less from Deen. The lyrics...well I guess its fair to say that ozzy didn't do all that acid by himself...apparently Mr. Butler was along for most of the "trips". The biggest disappointment on this album is the guitar playing. I'm sure that Pedro must be good buddies with Geezer, otherwise, why the fuck would he have picked this guy to play guitar on this album...even his tone sucks. On that note...guitar players looking for an influence here...Maybe on how not to sound! I'd categorize this as modernized stoner rock with a thrashy/industrial tinge...picture Monster Magnet on steroids with that freak from front line assembly throwing in his two cents!