Fuck...This Is Awesome! - 92%

Stonedsour2097, March 14th, 2007

Man did these guys catch me by surprise. Reading the song titles and even the band name made me think this was some kind of joke. Man was I ever wrong! This CD may be the last saving grace for modern grindcore music. I have not heard allot of this bands in stuff, so I can’t judge there entire body of work. But I can determine from listening to this that they bring a whole new spectrum to the genre never seen before.

The best thing about these guys is there speed. I knew the drumming here was way too good to be true. It turned out they use a drum machine, which is okay in this case because they use it tastefully. They don’t only utilize it to do impossibly fast drumming like some bands (Berzerker I’m looking your direction).

The guitars are just amazing. The riffs are primarily of the thrash persuasion, but they even include melodic parts in some of there songs like on the song Army Of Hermaphrodites. In between all of the insanity comes this beautiful riff, before it gets crushed under the noise. Sadly I can’t say much for the bass on this album, but you don’t really need it, the guitar is just way too dominant.

The vocals are another huge plus on this CD. This guy goes guttural without overdoing it or reverting to squealing like a pig. He also does the higher pitched screams, and the sheer speed at which he executes them makes you think he’s going to have an aneurysm. There aren’t any lyrics, which is a good thing in this case, you couldn’t understand it anyway.

There are several brilliant tracks on this album, some include Jeffery Dahmer Cookbook which contains a killer breakdown that isn’t of the typical hardcore variety. As well as the melodic moments on Army Of Hermaphrodites, and Toilet Tantalizers. All in all if you’re a grind fan or a fan of metal in general this is an album you’ll really enjoy. It’s more than worth a download or even, dare I say it, the ten bucks. Fuck…I’m Dead maybe saving grind music as we know it.