Very catchy - 85%

HealthySonicDiet, December 13th, 2003

Although I'm not too familiar with Demanufacture(the only song I've heard from it is Zero Signal), I can say that this remix album is very good. People who have actually heard Demanufacture may not appreciate this album because they may think that the originals were terribly bastardized. Ignorance is bliss for me however, for reasons I've already stated. This release can stand out on its own as an unexpectedly headbangable fusion of electronica and metal.

The title track opens the album with a mindblowing fury of electronica and metal that rages like a dark horse of the apocalypse. Later in the song there is an 'electronic' drum solo that is very mesmerizing. This song could hold its own in a techno rave party.

The second song is National Panel Beating and begins with ominous piano playing and clean, spiteful vocals that give way to Burton C. Bell's trademark ranting. I really enjoy his voice, both when he is clean singing and when 'growling'. He has a way of blending a Meshuggah-like rant style with a death metal growl and it's totally cool.

Following this is Genetic Blueprint. This sounds like a song that would fit well on a video game. Maybe a fighting game or a racing game. Great amalgam of techno and metal.

The fourth song is the remix of Zero Signal. Though I am quite a fan of the original, the remix is quite disappointing. There's just not much going for it. The beat is lackluster and the keyboards are just weird.

Track 5 is Bionic Chronic. This is just an interlude, but it's damn cool. This is the kind of song you would play if you were driving through the streets in a Lamborghini trying to pick up babes.

Next is Cloning Technology, which begins with harsh techno that sounds like the winds of a hurricane before erupting into some more harsh drum playing. Then, it's to a simple metal melody. The pre-chorus is especially cool because it is a vocal crescendo.

I don't easily recall track 7, so I'll move on to track 8, T-1000. This is killer, folks. It consists of a pounding bass-line with hand-clapping and complementary wicked guitar-riffing, with plenty of interesting vocal layering to boot.

Machines of Hate is the following song and it's one of the most syncopated of the album, if not the most. The chorus is particularly uplifting.

21st Century Jesus is absolutely wicked. It's not as overtly exciting as many of the other songs, but it has a creepy atmosphere. It begins with the lyrics "Body of Christ" repeated over and over again. This isn't explicitly blasphemic, but as a Christian it is a little disquieting. The melody on this song would fit very well on an Enya album it's so relaxing. Well, that is before the apocalyptic guitar/electronica onslaught surfaces. Often, I have difficulty discerning if a guitar is playing or if it is a synthesizer. Oh well. Towards the end of this song there is some super-dense guitar riffs consisting of about 4 notes each.

Track 11 is Bound For Forgiveness, and it is very atmospheric like its predecessor, yet less straightforward. This is what it would sound like if you were trapped in a dark, desolate swamp in another dimension. Very brooding. T
Track 12, Refinery, is next and it's nothing more than just a composition of various refinery sounds.(metal clashing together, etc.) Nothing special, but quite relaxing.

Finally, track 13 is the edited version of Remanufacture. Obviously since this is the edited version of the first track, it's a little different. However, I can't note the difference off the top of my head. Basically, it's the same song over again. It's a lame idea, but at least it's not unlistenable.

When trying to decide if this album is more electronica/techno or metal, I'd say the former, but there's enough metal on this album for a metalhead to enjoy. For those of you have Demanufacture and enjoy it, listen to this album with an open mind. As for me, I hold it in high regard. Overall, this album is quite catchy, headbangable, and would be good to rave to.