Annihilation Of The Eardrums - 80%

gone_homocide, April 11th, 2007

I stumbled upon this thrash gem when I was on soulseek one day looking up the classic movie to download. I downloaded this with the movie and I was more satisfied with the cd than the movie. I later went on and spent $30 on the original cd on ebay it is sure worth it.

This album is full of sweet riffs, great solos, and well written lyrics. Though not very groundbreaking it is a good album overall. Did I mention the guitar playing rules. From start to end the kick ass factor doesn’t go down. The speed increases as the album keeps spinning it seems until the final track B.O.H.I.C.A (BEND OVER HERE IT COMES AGAIN) which is the fastest most intense track.

Every song has a great mix of serious and humorous lyrics. Whether it be about killing people on the road or having sex in the back seat of a car all the songs kick total ass. The excerpts from the movies of Evil Dead on the track F.C.I/The Awakening and Robocop on Unauthorized Exploitation really set the moods of the songs.

All the tracks on this album are brilliant. Gonzalez and Garcia can really shred up a guitar. Some of the solos are just throw ins to make the song sound better but some of them are truly fucking intense like on B.O.H.I.C.A.

If you are looking for some groundbreaking old school thrash like Atheist don’t listen to this album. If you are looking for some good thrash that is over looked and not cared much about check this album out.