death, death/thrash...overall kicksass - 93%

Different, March 4th, 2005

I first heard for dew-scented on last year’s metal camp. The name didn't catch my interest. But I went to see them anyway. I fell in love on the first sight. One word: aggressive energy. So I bought Impact. I kind of knew what to expect. But what I've got was much more. The first track already bursted out with great speed and brutality. And then.. The second track, oh my satan! Amazing fast and sharp riffs, incredible drumming and then comes my favourite part on the whole CD, when Jensen shouts: « Welcome new found paiiiin!!!" followed by a blast beat that always turns my insides upside down. The next track is destination hell, again a very good thrash/death track. Soul poison has totally amazing riffs which could cause a heart attack on a weak hearted person. A track so packed with aggression that almost makes you grab a hammer and go break something. And there comes the fifth track. Cities of the dead. Starting with a bit slower riffs, but not for long, they soon become faster and faster. The drums rage together with the guitars. And here lies another great part: « Retribution, resolution, go!!!!" first the drums, the guitar joins in and we have a killer track. Down my neck is a bit boring to be honest. One by one also makes you break things like soul poison so the down my neck track is forgiven. Agony designed like all the tracks before again shows the abnormal talent of the drummer and a nice guitar solo....and so on...and so on...overall, Impact is a fast aggressive death/thrash release streaming highly towards death metal. It s filled with energy, speed and aggression, that makes you do brutal things like banging your head against the wall (not that I have tried).