Amazing as fuck. - 95%

ozzeh, April 29th, 2007

Okay, I just heard about this band. So they play an amalgam of thrash and death metal which suits me just fine. The vocals are debatable as far as categorization is concerned... being one part thrash, one part death metal and one part who fucking knows. One thing is certain : the guitar playing is elite and the songs are brutal. The drumming is phenomenal and memorable. The production is tight and captures every instrument perfectly. The vocals are a bit low in the mix, but the lyrics and the intensity of the songs more than make up for this shortcoming.

Seriously, this is some great fucking thrash related music. Death metal is present solely in the somewhat harsh vocals and the blast beat raping drums. Thrash is more prevalent in the FAST fucking riff structure in which the songs are based. This is melodic but nowhere near the abomination of typically redundant melodic death metal. Yes, it is possible to retain melody and still be brutally uncompromising. Dew-Scented slays on all levels... lyrically, musically and stylistically.

I've been drinking a lot and I don't really feel like going too in depth with the individual songs, but one thing is certain : any hype this band has received is certainly deserved. Every song is well thought out and conceptualized to fit the album perfectly. There is melody underlying the heavy as fuck riffs. But fuck melody, this album has one sole purpose : to rip your fucking face off your skull... and it succeeds.