A Product Of Sickness in Mind - 83%

CHRISTI_NS_ANITY8, June 22nd, 2008

After the discovering of Funebre, I decided to jump into that genre of metal from Finland. So I tried to listen to some of the more important bands in gore death metal from that country that, just apparently, was famous only for groups like Azaghal and Impaled Nazarene. The beginning of the 90s was full of bands inspired to the musical examples coming from abroad and in this case from England with Carcass.

Here we can find the same coldness in terms of production and sounds. There’s sheer chirurgical coldness in operating riffs and hyper guttural growls. The stench of decomposition is high and almost intolerable. The first track is a mix of doom moments to blast beats parts but the main point is to play as rotten as possible. The lyric, they, are truly disgusting, being about decomposition and gore.

As I said before, the production is really sterile and cold, typical of the gore death metal in those years, but it’s never chaotic and I must admit that it’s better than in some demos of thrash metal in those years for example. What is really astonishing is the use of that kind of hyper guttural vocals. The guitars lines are very good and they are a mix of powerful, chainsaw distorted rhythmic ones with more obscure and dramatic lead part.

To me it’s impossible to choose the stand out tracks here because they are not done to be catchy or recognizable. The guitars draw landscapes of pure depravation that you can experience in beating and analysing a corpse in a gloom morgue. The stench fills your lungs and your throat begins to burn for the acid smell. The music is just the perfect output of their mental perversion. Now, are you brave enough and mostly, do you have a strong stomach?