Total darkness - 83%

lordazmolozmodial, October 9th, 2012

One of the first things that caught my attention about Deathmoor's album "Opus Morte III" is the old school black metal production of the record, this kind of raw and cold sound has the ability to pull me inside the tracks and it has also the ability to give every track a special flavor, and only the black metal fans will have the ability to taste these tracks.

The first piece of this record starts violently with a real fast and striking sound, the blast beating drums and the insane vocals have reminded me of the old Darkthrone in a very rigid way. The vocals changed to contain more chanting sound to give the total sound more atmospheric and funerary essence. The second piece was slower somehow than the first one, but the same atmospheric and funerary sound stayed in this track, the violent chords and the harsh sound of the distorted guitars and the chanting clean vocals made the whole sound wicked and unholy.

The fourth piece and the fifth piece reminded me of the old Norwegian black metal era, the power that Mayhem reflected in the early 90s and the malicious musical structures that darkthrone created in the past have really influenced Darkmoor to create such an atmosphere. The final piece in this album (VI) was the longest one, and to be honest it's my favorite piece in this record because it contains a real sick atmosphere and a lot of rotten materials. I've never believed that Russia can produce such a diabolic and devilish black metal album, but now after I heard this album, I can really say that Russia can create the impossible.

If you are a black metal fan and you search for a good record that can twist your neck, then the album "Opus Morte III" for the Russian black metal band Deathmoor has just been created for you. The old school black metal production and the ravenous vocals in this album will make every moment enjoyable for you, buy this release and enjoy every single track.

Originally written for: