Fast, dark & brutal Death Metal - perfect! - 97%

Invaginator, June 16th, 2007

I read some things about Dawn Of Azazel earlier, before reviewing this, and it seemed that these guys are some kind of Black Metal, or even War Metal. Ok, I put it into my playlist, and what I hear is none of the above mentioned. Fuck Black Metal, fuck War Metal, this is pure fucking Death Metal, with some technical virtuosity that grinds your ears and drills through your skull. I had a little mail exchange with Rigel from Dawn Of Azazel, discussing what they are. I told him my opinion, that I sensed some Psycroptic in their music, very technical, fast and brutal. they vocals also reminded me of a the guy in Psycroptic, like a guy that swallowed a frog, trying to vomit it out. Rigel said that they actually sound more like Morbid Angel, Incantation, Immolation, and other "dark" Death Metal bands.

Well, Dawn Of Azazel sound dark, as far as it can sound at a speed of 200 kbps. The music is damn fast, so you just can't believe it actually sounds like any of the aforementioned. I must admit that I liked this band at the first listening. They really kick ass. They are some kind of innovative band. In a sea of brutal Death Metal bands, that compete who can play faster and more brutal, I think Dawn Of Azazel try to be very tight, what I like the most. This band is tight, super-tight. You won't believe me how good, fast and technical this band beats the living crap out of their music, until you listen to them yourself. You have sure heard a million brutal bands, from all over the world, but some of the weirdest and most innovative bands come from Australia, the home country of "Beat-the-Crap-Out".

And, unlike most brutal bands out there, Dawn Of Azazel have some crazy and delicious (yes, they are delicious - ed.) solos. You won't get bothered by 5-minute-long solos that sound all the same in the end. Here you get some nice solos, and that's it, no Malmsteen-bullshit. And still, after 4 songs, Dawn Of Azazel haven't heard of the words "Mid Tempo" and "Slow". It gets a bit slower on "Sin /Amongst the Kings), but this is still not slow. They must be trained by the MOSAD and the French Foreigner Legion, goddamn, this guys are fast. But still not fast enough to make their music sound like a hyper-speed orgy. It sounds everything so compact, arranged to a perfect piece of mindstorming Brutal Technical Death Metal.

If you are tired of all the bands that sound the same, all those who just follow the same shit, and don't give a fuck about innovation, originality and uniqueness, then you should grab yourself your own Dawn Of Azazel, because this release will first kick you in the face, then start kicking you in the kidneys, and leave you bleeding on the ground. They also got a cool logo and don't give a shit about an image - it's the music and skill that counts. Bitches, this is not an option - get this CD or I will fuck you so hard, you'll be praying for Michael Jackson to suck your cock!