Best album EVER! - 100%

atecjon, December 28th, 2012

I still remember the first time I heard "Victim Of Hellfire"... I was completely blown away. Then I decided to listen to the entire album, and holy fuck, was I shocked of the masterpiece coming out of my loudspeakers. When you put on this album you know that you got 33 minutes of pure black thrashing mayhem!

Speaking of the music itself, the guitar riffing is pure 80's worship with the classic two stroke drum beat. However, the drums are actually pretty slow, compared to many recent thrash metal bands. In fact, only one song, "Forces Of Hades" is actually faster than the drums of The Exorcist by Possessed. But those slow drums really give that 80's feeling that you may expect from an album like this. And the vocals... Wow.. Carnivore is just a beast with his vocals. They give a good mix both thrash and black metal. I really don't know anyone who really sounds similar to him.

One thing I find interesting is that during one of the solos on the songs "Witches Curse" and "Forces Of Hades", there is no rhythm guitar section. That really gives that live feeling when you only have one guitarist. And it sounds really damn good. And the production is one of the highlights of the album. One can clearly hear that this album was recorded on really old analog material, which gives that dirty atmosphere that some people, including myself, enjoy. And the lack of triggers just makes it better.

With that said, I highly recommend that you get your hands on this album. If you haven't heard it yet, you will shit your pants.

Highlight: Victim of Hellfire. Best song ever! Period!