Unrelenting Thrash Metal - 87%

MutilationRites, July 22nd, 2007

Crucified Mortals easily won me over with this EP. To be honest I don't get into very many new thrash metal bands because it seems to be growing as some sort of fashion genre of metal where everyone is in a contest to sound as old school as possible and have more patches on their denim then anyone else. Don't get me wrong, I love old school metal and thrash, but I just can't help but question the motives of all these new bands today. Crucified Mortals, while being a great example of a perfect thrash band, can set themselves apart with ease.

The first thing that will jump out at you is the vocal work done by Craig "Reaper" Horval. It's harsh and violent to the point to where you question whether or not he is actually decapitating someone in the studio while he lays the vocal tracks down. Another thing that this album portrays is that the musicians all seem to have great chemistry. I love Sebastian's style of drumming because it really compliments the guitar and bass work. He's not not overworking himself to be the most impressive drummer in the world, he's letting the music as a whole do the job itself and he has a very down to earth style while still blasting out awesome double bass work and fills along with everything else you would want from a thrash drummer.

Zach Rose and Craig make a great guitar duo on this EP. I'm not sure which one of them is playing the majority of the leads but it's done to perfection, and the double layered riffs are the pure work of horrifying, murderous, and dedicated thrash metal fans. You don't have to be an alcoholic thrash maniac to love this album, so hurry up and get this album and anything else you can by this band.