Skeletons in the Closet TEASER - 35%

Bolth_Mannn, June 9th, 2010

A couple of days before the release of the Skeletons in the Closet compilation album, Spinefarm decided to be mean, and release an online teaser of 3 songs that would appear on the compilation. The songs shown were Aces High (Iron Maiden cover), War Inside My Head (Suicidal Tendencies cover) and Mass Hypnosis (Sepultura cover).

The Aces High cover is atrocious, in my humble opinion. The vocals are beyond annoying on this particular song, and the riffs have been made worse with the tone they used. The band took a risk by covering a song by the famous Maiden, and they failed. The War Inside my Head cover is probably the best of these three songs. I don't like the band that this song is covered from, but I can't help midly enjoying this cover version. Its upbeat and catchy, and does the original justice.

The Mass Hypnosis cover seems off. I don't know if the mixing was a problem, but the vocals are weak. With this song, Bodom sort of removed their influence for the sake of covering this song. I hear no traditional Bodom in this sound which is very unfortunate as I love the original and I generally enjoy Bodom's interpretation of the songs. Besides the slight mixing problem, this isn't a bad song.

Overall, at this point in time, the Skeletons in the Closet compilation did not look very promising and overall, very pointless. In my opinion, the whole compilation album was a stupid idea, however, there are a couple of good songs spread out over the album and its a good album to pick up if you want all of Bodom's covers in one place.

As for this teaser...blugh.