Stereotypical Death Metal? - 80%

Indoomstrial metle, February 23rd, 2013

Okay, so I got this album via email from the band itself (which was way cool of them. Thanks guys!) and now I'm writing a review of it.

From what I can tell, they are a straightforward death metal band with some speedy tremelo picking and palm muting. What I have found is that their songs are not very diverse and all have mostly the same style, which is short and fast. There is one thing that's bothering me a little, and it's that their tone seems to be a little too weak. It doesn't sound thick enough to me. Chaos Synopsis's tone sounds like they don't have enough gain. Other than that, this album is a well-executed blitzkrieg on the ears.

This piece starts out with "Son of Light", which I assume is a satirical song about Jesus. I find this offensive to my religion, but hey, I'm not going to be 'that guy'. "Son of Light" is a good fast-paced intro for this album. It's followed by a few other songs like "Vampire of Hanover", "Rustov Ripper", and so on. Most of the songs in the beginning and middle seem essentially the same, which isn't exactly a bad thing since all of them are fairly good tunes. The ones that really popped out to me were "Zodiac", "BTK", "Monster of the Andes", and lastly, "The Art of Killing". These four songs are the ones that really make this album worth it.

I have read the opinions of others about this album and they seem to complain that this album isn't different or new in any way, and they're right, it's not, because that is the true beauty of this album. It's not experimental, it's not a mix between metal and other genres (like that abomination called 'metalcore'), no sir, it's the good old fashioned, straightforward death metal that we all know and love. There is nothing wrong with an old idea as long as it's a good idea, yet so many people complain that it's not different or creative and that the lyrical themes are stereotypical for death metal bands (which they are), but there is nothing wrong with any of that. It's based on an old idea, but it's a good idea.

In conclusion, this a good solid album to hear. Good, fast riffs combined with brutal vocals make for some good death metal. While the tone they use is a little weak, this cd makes up for it in good songwriting. I recommend them for you guys who love the good ol' death-and-destruction style that has evolved into the many extreme genres of music we enjoy today.