It's been a long time... - 59%

IrishDeathgrip, February 21st, 2008

I bought this album about 5 years ago, and sold it about 4 and a half years ago. But, this review will be possible, thanks to the impact it had on me.

For starters, just look at the band photo. They say image isn't everthing... In this case they LIED! These guys make music just like they look... dank, angsty, and slightly effiminate. If I had to describe this album, I wouldn't say it was progressive, I'd say it was half-ass goth metal.

The songs all kind of meander, with a little bit of crazy synth thrown in here or there. The vocals range from weak whining to weak growling, and the guitars are more or less a formaility, as they crunch along in a bland way.

The only saving grace was Union of the Rats. Pretty good song, compared to the rest of the nonexistant metal on this release.

To be honest, I'd probably by this album again, just to see if my opinion has changed since I heard it last, but I doubt it. Even a friend of mine who liked Slipknot and Mudvayne said this was "Pretty damn gay." And I'll be honest I have to agree. Bad guitars, whiney vocals, with occasional allusions to nasal death-growls, drums that sound like they were made on Fruity Loops (and probably were). And the fact that they released one album under this moniker (I think they released a more broad spectrum of nearly successful albums under a different name) just provides testament to the fact that... well, even nu-metal kids wouldn't be caught listening to this.