Sorry, I didn't like it. - 48%

megafury, July 24th, 2003

Whenever I put this album in my Cd player, I don't feel like listening to music anymore. The album gets really boring fast. It's heavy, really heavy, but this is a case where being heavy doesn't contribute to how good the music is. All I hear is growls and fast drumming. Theres not that many guitar solos, just a lot of pounding drums, it's gives me a pounding headache. I got this album for $2, cheapest CD that I ever bought. Good thing I got it cheap from when Wherehouse was closing down or I would be pissed about spending $10, which is the regular price.

I don't want to sound like a jerk but It's bad enough I lost $2, if it was higher, that would have sucked. I regret using $2 to purchase this growling and fast drumming CD, every song sounds the same. I don't even know why each track has a different name, they should all be called "drums and growls". The name of this album is called, "To Serve Man"....they forgot the other part of the title though, "....generic drums and growls." That should be the title of this album, "To Serve Man generic drums and growls".

I'll still give credit where credit is due, it sounds hard to do the vocals and the CD said there was no vocal effects involved so I'll give them props for that but it still doesn't amuse me. Sorry, didn't like it.

I like Cephalic Carnage, Vehemence, Dying Fetus, Cryptopsy, Pig Destroyer, bands that fall into the same category, I suggest people check them out before Cattle Decapitation if they haven't already.

I didn't like this album but that's just me, if you ever get the oppurtunity, hear it for yourself, theres a slight chance you might like it more than me.