Corpsegrinder's CC debut - 100%

MorbidAtheist666, August 16th, 2004

Vile was the first album without Chris Barnes. It shows that Cannibal Corpse can go on without Chris Barnes. I'm sure a lot of diehard fans of Cannibal Corpse were skeptical about this album. I didn't know much about Cannibal Corpse when I first listened to this. I didn't really give it that much thought when I first listened to this.

George Fisher does an awesome job at vocals. When I first listened to this album, I thought it was Chris Barnes at first. Then I found out it was a guy named George Fisher. George Fisher gives his best vocal performance on Vile. His vocals are really great on Devoured By Vermin, Puncture Wound Massacre, and Monolith.

The sick lyrics on here are just great. The sickest lyrics on Vile are Orgasm Through Torture, and Devoured by Vermin. The lyrics aren't as sick as the other ones on previous albums, but I really like them.

I really like the drums on this. Paul Mazurkiewicz does some really great drumming Devoured By Vermin, Disfigured, and Eaten From Inside. He does an awesome job on every Cannibal Corpse album. Some of his best drumming is found on Vile, in my opinion.

I'm very impressed by the guitar work on this. I really like the guitar solo on Puncture Wound Massacre. I find that solo to be really amazing. The soloing on Eaten From Inside is nice as well. All of the other guitar work is nice, fast, and brutal.

Vile was probably the first death metal album I ever listened to. I wasn't really into it at first. But once I listened to more of it, I thought it was really great.