Much better than I expected. - 100%

ScorpionDeOz, June 6th, 2012

Cannibal Corpse has been one of my favorite death metal bands because of their classic sound. They are the perfect example of what death metal is: brutality, gore, killer music, and deadly vocals. Across the years, Cannibal Corpse has shown their talent to compose excellent death metal, and now in 2012 they come back with their twelfth album, Torture.

I was really excited when I got the news of their new upcoming album, but at the same time I was really worried about it. After so many years and so many albums, I didn't really thought that Torture was going to be a true highlight, but it was a good time for some new material, so ok, let's check it out when it comes out. The question was: could they provide us with a good death metal album... again? And the answer was FUCK YEAH!

I'm going to be quick with this; Torture is totally a "must have" record. It's full of brutality, the guitars are simply perfect and are deadly in that they fits perfectly with the theme. You can feel the violence gushing from the heart of the songs and the bass is such bad-assery that's perfectly played and present in the music. Alex Webster really gave an excellent performance (just like on every Cannibal Corpse album) where we can listen to some amazingly bass solos that really bring orgasms to the ears.

The next part are the vocals. George Fisher is one of the best death metal vocalist out there and we can see why. Just like the past albums, Corpsegrinder brings the brutality to the music, spreading the message of blood and violence that we all love about Cannibal Corpse (at least for the fans of Cannibal Corpse). The vocals are full of hate and violence. I really thought that he wouldn't get the vocal level he performed in the last albums. I don't know why, I only thought it, but I'm really sorry about it. Corpsegrinder is one of my favorite death metal vocalist, and I'm ashamed of that, really. Literally, he kicked ass in this album. Totally one of his best efforts with Cannibal Corpse.

The lyrics are one of my favorite parts of metal. The lyrics on the album are about... torture. About the different ways to make any person suffer and kill 'em. It's as simple as that, nothing more, nothing less. They're really good for me, but totally not their best as they've made better efforts on the lyrics before. Just like the latest albums, the lyrics are killer, bloody, gory, and violent, but with less ideas than the past albums. But anyway, they're quite good for what they're supposed to express, and hey, it's Cannibal Corpse! Let's kill no matter what!

And after all the bullshit you just read above, please go ahead and buy the album. Really, it's a great comeback after the work they did on Evisceration Plague, and I'm pretty sure you'll hear a huge progression on this album that you're gonna like. Keep it brutal!