Amazing! - 97%

Metallideath, April 22nd, 2010

I have nothing against Suffocation. Suffocation got me into death metal, however, Cannibal Corpse is just as good and is the second technical death metal band I got into. Evisceration Plague may not be their best album but it's awesome, although I still think Kill was better. Comparing Kill and Evisceration Plague on paper, it's really too close to call, just like comparing Suffocation to Cannibal Corpse, Kreator to Sodom, Metallica to Megadeth, and so on, although I'm getting off topic so I'll get started now.

Stand-out songs would be Priests of Sodom, To Decompose, Shatter Their Bones, A Cauldron of Hate, Evisceration Plague, and Carnivorous Swarm. Best off the album would probably be Priests of Sodom or To Decompose. All these songs really seemed to have a kind of experimentation in them, which is why I can see they call George Fisher "Corpsegrinder", Cannibal Corpse and this album in particular can do several transitions from death metal to grindcore, and even goregrind in some songs, which is something I dont see in Suffocation, and having the experimentation in these songs while not in Suffocation's music makes Cannibal Corpse and this album above almost all Suffocation and Cannibal Corpses other albums.

This album really has good vocals and instrumentation, especially on the guitars and bass lines and bass guitar itself. The complexity of the guitar parts and brutal bass lines plus those badass vocals and probably 9 out of 10 drumming makes some awesome death metal, and I dont know if those guitars are like two and a half steps down or more, but if they are, add that and you got some brutal and nice sounding technical death metal. Those vocals stand out the most, they are awesome, Fisher certainly has a very low growl, and adding in screams here and there is very unique and he does it very well, better then most could probably do. Guitar parts and bass lines are very brutal and complex, which isn't a bad thing, in fact, quite the opposite.

So other than instruments and how gorey the album is, I'd give it a 97% because the drumming could improve and Scalding Hail, was, well, just average.