The Skull of Golgotha - 85%

Iberian_Warrior, March 25th, 2006

Well, let's begin...I heard about this band and album by the knowing of the past presence of Veilroth in Behexen, I thougth it would be a deception, maybe because I searched for it without true will...but I was wrong. Calvarium is just the perfect soundtrack for the Passion of Christ, to enjoy more seeing Jesus suffer...I come from a country where is celebrated the Passion of Christ, with a whole week dedicated to make some processions showing on a totally visual way the suffering of Christ. This forthcoming Holy Week will be soon here in my town and this album will be in my mp3 player while seeing the procession for sure...I recommend you all to do the same.

Their style is raw black metal, with some rythmic parts but always brutal, The Skull of Golgotha is blasphemy without truce. The guitars are totally raw and high and the voice is a little bit monotone, but it's fucking good. The drums are overwhelming and fast, just like a black metal drum should be and the bas, as always is "just good". They sing both in English and Finnish, so we could say we find some feeling of patriotism in their ideas. The lyrics are just satanism and blasphemy...I can't say a lot, they don't create nothing new (even if this work has its own essence), if you like raw black metal and pure blasphemy without censorship and shame, Calvarium and this "The Skull of Golgotha" is your best way to cum on God!