Awesome slab of death metal! - 95%

MorbidAtheist666, February 28th, 2012

This is ultra extreme. This is a great slab of brutal, fast-paced and insane death metal. I would have given this a 100%, but there's no bass! If there was bass, I would have given it a 100%. 95% will do! I love this a lot. I remember a friend from a few years back recommended me Brain Drill. I love them a lot! One of my favorite death metal bands. I love over 100 of them and I would easily place them in my top 50 death metal bands.

This really fucking slays. I was impressed when I first listened to this EP and I'm still impressed. I find the guitar work to be really killer. The guitar sounds really amazing Oh and the drums are the highlight. Listen to those drums. I sometimes wonder if that is a person mimicking a drum machine or he wants to outdo the drum machine. Well Marco Pitruzzella really does outdo any drum machine any day. It's really incredible that he is gifted fast drummer.

Consumed by the Dead has a clip from the remake of some horror movie that I can't think of. I'm sure you will know when you listen to it. The actual song starts at around the 0:06 with really whacky sounding guitar noodling Dylan Ruskin, ultra fast drumming and a great growl are also in the beginning. The guitar sounds a bit fast with the ultra fast wild drumming. The riff is a bit mid-paced. The guitar goes wild with the drums throughout the whole song. I really love the guitar soloing with the drumming throughout the song. The guitar riffs are performed at super sonic speeds. The pinch harmonics are put to very good use and they're placed well in the song.

The vocals are over the top with growling and screaming. You can't handle the screaming? Too bad! You'll have to good used to the screams if you want to appreciate Brain Drill, sugar cube. Steve Rathjen is a very great screamer. He does an excellent job handling vocals on this song.

The Parasites sounds really damn good with some great guitar riffs and pretty damn cool guitar soloing. The drums are very consitent and there are extremely awesomely executed blast beats. The vocals are top-notch with the same over the top growling and screaming found on the first song. Listen to the melodies and rhythm of the guitar in this song, it sounds like parasites are coming after you. I love it when bands know how to make their instruments speak. They are really gifted musicians.

Swine Slaughter is very similar to the first couple of songs. It is quite heavy and fast. When the vocalist screams "swine slaughter", all hell breaks loose. The guitar solo is extremely beautiful, heavy and brutal. Marco really puts those cymbals to great use. He bangs and crashes them with such ease. However, it takes a lot of skill and practice to be on Marco's level.

Forcefed Human Shit is the shortest song on here. It is pretty damn impressive with the ultra super sonic drumming and unbelievable guitar soloing and riffing. The blast beats and gravity blasts are just out of this world. I am so friggin' impressed by them. I love it! This is probably my favorite song on the EP.

The Depths of Darkness is the longest song on here. It starts off with a mega brutal riff. Of course, Dylan Ruskin has his trademark guitar soloing. I've been calling it soloing, but I guess they're considered leads. Steve Rathjen's vocals really shine on here and he sounds super enthusiastic, energetic and powerful. Marco's drumming seems more varied on this song. It just isn't pure speed, I changes the pace throughout the song. His performance on this song is really damn good.

Revelation begins with super fast guitar riffing and it is really creative sounding. This song has a lot of variation from Marco, just like in The Depths of Darkness. The pinch harmonics are placed extremely well whenever they appear. I like how some of those super fast leads are present starting around the 2:30 mark. The double kick really impresses me the most on this track.

Beautiful EP! I suggest y'all to get this EP as soon as possible. If you are a death metal maniac like me, you will love this. However, the old school death metal maniacs will not like this. I am into both modern and old school death metal. I'm a modern kind of a guy and I'm really into modern death metal to be brutally honest. This is the best EP of 2006. I have a lot of great memories with this album and it brings me back to a time when I was super happy. Death metal makes me happy. Why? I do not know why and I never will. Yay! Go Brain Drill!