© 2002-2017

Doublepenetration - 65%

dismember_marcin, April 19th, 2017

Time for another split release and this one was quite a mystery for me, because there are two bands featured and both are absolutely unknown. So, you just have no idea whether it's gonna by anything worthy or not. First we have Inferit, who're a German black metal band and this is their debut release. And then there's also the German Blutsturm, who only did a couple of demos before. Both bands perform very obscure and filthy black metal, in a traditional, raw, primitive form. It won't sound exceptional and timeless, let's be honest about that. This is not a release which is necessary to be in your collection and both bands won't get cult status. But I think it's a solid and fairly listenable effort for sure. It's been recorded live in Bunker Niedersedlitz in a few hours on April 20th, 2015 (I wonder if this date was accidental or not haha!). The sound is not polished and powerful, but raw and ugly as hell. Their music doesn't include any lovely harmonies and keyboard interludes. So, it's nasty black metal here.

Of the two, I think I liked Blutsturm's music more, because it has better riffs, some great arrangements and basically it just sounds more interesting, especially in "Worship the Blasphemous Cunt", which reminds me of (old) Carpathian Forest a little, but it is a great song. I especially like its ending part, which has a little melancholic atmosphere and definitely differs from the rest of their material. They also have a fast song "Diagnose Mensch", so Blutsturm's music is quite varied. And I like it, it's well performed, the sound quality is also quite good... and more so, Blutsturm also has this sick, perverse atmosphere in their music, just listen to "Satanic Scum". So yeah, it's a very good part of the split.

As for Inferit (who has two Blutsturm members in the line up), they come with three songs of pure fuckin rawness and black metal filthiness. They have an almost punkish simplicity and this "fuck off" attitude within their riffs. It all sounds really obscure and vicious, more primitive and uglier than Blutsturm. It's not my favourite sound and style of black metal, but I do like it anyway and songs like "Ritual Death" are very OK. But as I wrote above; this may be a solid release, but I don't think it will get many followers and the number of people who will enjoy it is very limited. If you search for any primitive black metal, then you can probably give this split a try.

Final rate: 65/100