Every release a step towards the throne - 80%

ultraviolet, June 11th, 2012

Less than two years have passed (with some compilation & live releases in the meantime) and the Italian nuclear metallers are back in order to stand up to the hype created from their previous two excellent full-lengths. The third record is usually a critical one for such bands; it’s either stepping up to the next level or ending up copying themselves over and over until the last drops of inspiration are evaporated.

Blasphemophagher do win the bet. And they win it not only because they have truly great songs that move swiftly between black, death and thrash metal (“Ritual Of Disintegration” is a genuine neck breaker). They win because in “The III Command Of The Absolute Chaos” they are not afraid to dress those compositions with a sound production that, although a bit clearer than before, highlights their magnificent guitar work in the best way. When I come to think about it, this record could have easily been placed as “the new great death metal act” by some mainstream label, but Blasphemos wisely choose to stay with the underground where they belong.

There is not much more to say, other than that fans of the Blasphemy school of black/death noise will find here a band that improves from recording to recording, by creating monster riffs and constant changes of rhythm from mid-tempo to fast and hyperfast and then back again. And I’m pretty sure that the Hanneman/King duet would be very proud if they heard the Italians’ collaboration with legendary Pete Helmkamp (in “Genesis Of The Antiworld”) where a new extreme classic is born.

I don’t know how to put it simply… Well maybe I do:
This record is fucking F-L-A-W-L-E-S-S !

Originally written for: