Ugh - 10%

DaBuddha, January 24th, 2006

Goddamn, this is horrible!

Black Witchery have to be the most overrated, piece of shit band in existance today. Their lyrics are childish, their image retarded, and their music, if you can even call it music, downright pathetic. When I first heard the debut album, I liked it, and still do somewhat to this day. It had some thrasy parts mixed in, which added a little variety to the otherwise monotonous blasting. This however just fuckin sucks!

This album is just song after song of endless blasts(literally), monotonous, under produced guitar, and horrible, uninspired vocals. There is no bass to be found anywhere. You can't hear any riffs being played because of those goddamned drums, which dominate every song. There are no breaks in between all the blasting, and this release is just a fuckin stupid joke.

I usually don't mind endless blasts, ala Marduk and Dark Funeral, but this is just so horrible that nothing matters, there are no redeeming qualities to be found anywhere on this hunk of shit. The reason I gave it a 10 is because of the Blapshemy cover, which is the only break from all the senseless noise. People often compare this band to Blasphemy, Sarcofago, and Beherit. There is a huge difference there. Those bands were good, and Black Witchery is not.

If you've ever read their interviews, you will know how stupid they are. I advise everyone to avoid this piece of shit AT ALL COSTS!