Gutsy - 84%

HealthySonicDiet, December 18th, 2003

I have the Danny Saber Remix version of this song on the compilation album entitled No Boundaries, which is a benefit album for the Kosovar refugees. It's much different from anything I've ever heard from the band on Paranoid and has a unique sing-song quality like that of a campfire song. Lyrically, it deals with a psychotic person who is obsessed with killing and enjoys hearing his victims scream for mercy.

Black Sabbath has, for very long, been about evil, dark, grim subjects and I'm not surprised that this song is that way either. It's just that I was surprised that they would put a song with this subject matter on a Kosovar refugee benefit album. With their lyrical and musical innovation in later albums, I would think they would put a song on the disc that better exemplifies its cause.

Anyhow, it's still an awesome song, with shrieking, wailing vocals and wicked soloing. Nothing too technical, but it's very doomy. Anyone who's a diehard Sabbath fan should either pick up the aforementioned compilation album or this single. Good stuff.