terrible - 8%

planiol, May 20th, 2009

This is doom black metal, meaning that it is slow. It sounds to me like a regular black metal record played at 33rpm when it should have been 45. It feels too slow. Also, it’s bad. I couldn’t make out any good riffs when I listened to this.

This band sounds like they don’t know what they’re doing, but they wanted to make some evil metal. It starts with a pointless church organ intro, then the slow shit starts. The drums plod along, while the guitar plays I don’t know what. The singer starts singing at some point. It’s more like just talking, and it’s supposed to sound scary. It reminds me of Attila on DMDS, and I don’t mean that in a good way.

Just as I’m thinking about how boring the song is, the singer starts yelling the name of the song in falsetto. Not awesome falsetto like King Diamond. It’s more like the part at the end of the KoRn album where the guy starts crying because he was molested as a child. Except this is way less convincing. You might get a laugh out of this if you ever hear it. After a while the song is over.

The second song is faster, but it sucks too and is unmemorable. I just can’t take this stuff seriously, and I can’t really picture anyone getting into it. I bought it to check it out because there were no reviews for this band and I was curious. I wrote this review so that you can learn from my mistake. Oh yeah, the lyrics are also so bad it’s not even funny.