I guess Japan isn't the best country for power. - 70%

NickBlaze, October 17th, 2005

This is the first I've heard of this band, even though I've searched relentlessly for quite some time. Melodic power metal is always right up my alley. Neo classical is also amazing to me, and although this band isn't amazing, they do have much talent. That talent mixed with neo-classical makes them better. Although they're not as good as, say Galneryus or Concerto Moon, they could surpass them if they improve enough.

Of course, this is all assuming you can understand the vocal change. Galneryus has a deeper, almost operatic singer (Yama-B, also in Rekion, AxBites, and Gunbridge), and Concerto Moon has a more average, mellow singer. Think of the main vocalist as more of B'z. They're not metal, but B'z's vocalist, Koshi, has a definate similarity with Black Masquerade's. What's that, you ask? Well, the ability to hit high notes really well and the whole "80's" vocal style. Listen to B'z and this band and you'll understand the "80's" style. Note that Japan's and every other country's "80's" style is different. Mix 85% Koshi with 10% Yama-B and 5% other, and you have this band's lead vocalist. A seriously talented mix, to me.

The album itself is somewhat short at 41 minutes and 21 seconds. Even worse are the short songs (Reach For the Star, Piece of Mind, and Into the Sky) which are purely intrumental. So, it's really just 38 or so minutes long. Of course, that's not to say the intrumentals aren't good; it's just they're too short to be anything spectacular. The rest of the songs of average in length, the longest being 6 minutes and 32 seconds.

The double bass drumming in Skin and Bones is amazing. Although my speakers aren't great, you can tell the drummer has some good talent. There is a perfect amoutn of of dual-singing and choruses. It's not overly done, which some bands need to take note of. It also gets quite boring listening to one singer all the time. This band gets much credit for that in particular. The bass guitar is also very nice in a few songs, but in the other songs it's horribly ignored. As I said before, the vocalist can hit really high notes (and sings in a rather high pitch as well), but I think it works with the music to an extent.