A new era of Old School Heavy Metal arriving? - 99%

LordBones, April 7th, 2008
Written based on this version: 2008, CD, Locomotive Records

Here is something going on which is a bit rare in a couple of ways.

First of all, this album is in my humble opinion better then their already kickass debut album! Which I would already rate 90 points out of 100. That’s rare in my book. An already kickass album followed by more ass kicking on!

Secondly, this is a band which plays Heavy Metal in a refreshing way!
Oh did I say Heavy Metal? Well yes I did! Yes it is classic Heavy Metal but with the production techniques and musicality of today. It sounds original but the same time familiar. Clearly the band had their influences from the European Metal acts like Priest, Maiden, Accept and mostly Dio.

The production of this recording is awesome! No flaws at all. All is done in a well balanced manner; no one is standing out or drowning the others out. The guitars are riffing and grinding, the bass is thumbing, the drums are pounding and… the voice.
Man this woman can belch it out! Great pair of lungs. She is so fitting in this style of Heavy Metal.

The track list is top-notch, no bad song at all, not even mediocre ones. Although there are some awesome songs like: “Shellshock”, “Bare Bones”, “Beast in the Field”. What really stands out for me are 2 songs named “Seasons Of Tragedy” and “Steel Rain”. The last ones shows the soft side of Veronica’s voice.
Another stand out is the cover they did this time. “Balls To The Walls” by Accept. Man what a treat this was!!! Normally I am very skeptical about covers. But this band pulls it of big time. I love their rendition!!

Highlights: Apart from what I mentioned above, the rest of the album.

This album should be in anyone’s collection!!! NOW!