Not their best, but still good - 85%

AjaxWarrior, January 28th, 2011

Benediction is one of my all time favorite death metal bands. Constantly raw and heavy, but they never get too much. Dave Ingram has one of those voices that never really get brutal, instead it stays at a perfect level throughout the album, packing a raw and intense power.

I would describe the overall sound of the album as a perfect blend of old school death metal, thrash and punk. Now, punk is a very dominating source of inspiration on this album, as many of the riffs are very Hatebreed sounding. This would be the only thing that brings the album down in my view. Now don't get me wrong, I like punk and all, but when i compare Grind Bastard to the undisputed masterpiece Transcend the Rubicon, I realise that Benediction sound best when they play death metal through and through.

But don't worry, although punk-ish, the riffs on Grind Bastard are catchy, well written and will have your head banging in no time.

Check out Benediction today. Perhaps the most underrated death metal band ever to come out of the UK.