This is the sound of hell - 92%

CannibalCorpse, April 12th, 2005

Yes. This comes definately out of hell. I'm sure!

This was more or less Belphegor's breakthrough into the internation scene. This album's predecessor "Necrodaemon Terrorsathan" was already a great punch in the face, but this one takes the cake easily.

Lucifer Incestus(what a great album title, too!) has even more death metal influences then it's predecessor and takes the aggression to an even higher level. Especially the songs "Lucifer Incestus" and "The Goatchrist" crush everything on their way.

The vocals are unbelievably evil and strong, both the shrieks and the growls are totally flawless. Well, Helmuth was always a great vokillist, no doubt about that.

Lucifer Incestus is also a very technical album, especially in the guitar department, there are not many slow moments to find here and even at this incredible speed, the riffs and solos that Barth and Helmuth spit out are still astounding.
My favourite Belphegor drummer "Torturer" also appears on this album. His speed and his technical abilites are even beyond awesome, he's a maniac behind the kit!

So, this is Belphegor's best moment. I have only heard two songs of "Goatreich - Fleshcult" yet and they sound very promising, but right now, Lucifer Incestus takes the cake. Technical, fast, evil, harsh = The sound of hell.

My favourite songs: Lucifer Incestus, Demonic Staccato Errection, Fukk the Blood of Christ and Paradise Regained.

Raw Sewage? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

A must for all fans of Death/Black Metal.