Magical - 97%

ponyovdoom, June 30th, 2011

Wow. That's all I have to say after listening to this album. Arcana Coelestia is a four-piece band from Sardinia, Italy, they've been around since 2006 and have already released two albums. I've only listened to this album, and it's pure beauty. The atmosphere is so thick and it feels like you are in a dreamworld despite the rather harsh vocals including growls. But also beautiful clean vocals paint this album with beauty.

From the first track, "Duskfall", you are thrown in the world of Arcana Coelestias music, and it's once again, extremely beautiful. This is a special experience. The mighty drumming the background sets the bottom of the atmosphere greatly and the effects along beautiful guitar melodies is the key to the dreamworld. There are haunting vocals that makes you feel like the world you've entered is a harsh enviroment also, it feels like I am taken back in time, back in the times as the album cover shows. I have no clue what time it is, but I want to be there after listening to this! There are also, as mentioned earlier, really powerful and emotional clean vocals.

There are parts with the epic drumming along with effects and piano, pulling you further away from the ugly world we seem to live in compared to this. In some of the songs you might see the more harsh side of this world with very dark melancholic parts, which may make the atmosphere and world seem chaotic along with the haunting vocals.

But this music is very hard to describe with words I must say. I am still blown away when I play this music. I wish I could say much more, but the last thing I can say is that you should check out this album if you are into music with a lot of emotion and if you are a person who likes to fly away in your thoughts, because this would be your soundtrack.