Get this! - 90%

Young_Metalhead, January 24th, 2008

If you read my review for the World's Collide album you'll notice that I didn't like it that much only because of some guests. Well there is an exception with this one.

S.O.S (Anything But Love) is by far one of the better songs with vocals Apocalyptica has ever done and that's because they invited one of the most recognisable (which doesn't mean sucky) voices of gothic metal: Cristina Scabbia. She is also one of my favorite lyricists. As you might notice lyrics are about love, but not the typical lovesong either, instead is some kind of sick love. That's more like what you could hear in a Lacuna Coil song excepting, obviously, the fact that Apocalyptica composed music for this pretty lady and took her writing to another fucking level.

Lies (yeah the japanese-only song) is the second song in this single. I didn't have the chance to hear it before, so I didn't know what to expect. It somehow reminds of the Reflections era. A beautiful song, great riffs, great notes, catchy tune, and if you liked Reflections you'll like this one. Is more like a rock song with a heavy end.

The only think missing is an instrumental version for S.O.S. but no one said this was perfect.