Anthrax Masterpiece, Take 3 - 90%

Wacke, February 23rd, 2008

I really don't know why people don't like this album as much as the others. I think it's great. Sure it has some weaker moments but it has some of Anthrax' highest and best moments too.

The albums starts off with an excellent track called "Be All, End All". It starts off with a pretty anoying intro made on a violin (or something like that) but then it goes into Anthrax perfection all the way. Next track is "Out Of Sight, Out Of Mind". A track based on a cool guitar riff which screams Anthrax. Track 3 and 4 are the best here, it's "Make Me Laugh" and "Now It's Dark". It was those two tracks that got me interested in this album. Some other killers here are "Finalé" and "Who Cares Wins" while there's the weaker "Misery Loves Company" and the totally unnecessary "13".

The production is great. Maybe a little dry but still awesome. I like the drum sounds very much and the guitar solos got a nice tone aswell. The vocals are mixed nice as usual and the bass aswell as the rhythm guitars sounds great too.

The cast is doing great, maybe their greatest performances ever. I don't know but they're really good on this album. I think the greatest performance here are made by either Charlie or Joey. They are on top here!

So what's my last comments about "State Of Euphoria". Well, it's a great album and a Anthrax classic that every fan should have. It's heavily underrated too. It deserves a lot more appreciasion that it has.

I think you should dig it up, it's defenitely worth a purchase!