© 2002-2016

Not the best best of! - 75%

PowerMetalGuardian, February 25th, 2003

Why the hell would you come out with three best of's in a row? It honestly amazes me! So the big story, or so I have heard, around this album was, which songs are going to be on it? To decide this the band threw all there songs into a hat and Scott pulled out the names of the songs that go on there. Musically, the songs are all the same on the originals, what makes this album unworthy in some areas and great in others is the way the songs are displayed. One thing that can automatically go wrong with a compilation album is to put all new stuff on it. Hat my ass Scott, why the hell are there eight new songs in the beginning? First off they open up with Bring the Noise, which probably was never a good idea of making in the first place. Then until track ten, we have all the new stuff with Bush singing. I have nothing against him, but most of these songs are shitty ones I have never heard of. Some of them even sound punkish! The only two songs worth mentioing from the Bush area is Only and Inside Out. Then we start to get better with the old thrash days. Among the Living, Indiands, Antisocial, Madhouse, I am the Law; all classic thrash songs that are probably worth being on this album. And of course what Anthrax album would not be complete without some kind of version of I'm the Man? Of course on this version all the swear words are blooped out. Yes blooped out, with some weird wistley noise. Overall this cd has some great songs and some really shitty ones. A compilation of Anthrax songs, but definently not a best of!!!