Nice Fuckin' EP - 90%

schwaba, April 28th, 2009

Nice fuckin' EP indeed, one of my favorite EP's at all, I bought this vinyl long time a go, of course 3 tracks from here can be found on compilation/EP Attack of the killers b's but here are also some other good stuff – Antisocial (French version) and Friggin’ in the riggin’.

This EP starts with song Now it's dark from State of Euphoria album, for me that is worst Belladonna period album, and for me it's a bit boring, to repetitive, and truly Belladonna doesn't sings here with balls and attitude, as riffs are nothing special. I believe that this album has a syndrome of losing good ideas after 3 very good albums, in fact Scott Ian has said that only regret that he has for Anthrax albums is SoE, because they didn't spent enough time in studio for this album and that can be heard, although this album is far better then rest of Bush period album.

But when covers starts, that's all different story, Antisocial (French version) is good and amusing, for me maybe even better than English version of the song, although the chorus is in English also, it has speed, attitude, it is better than most songs on SoE, and it has become bigger hit than the rest of the album, except for me the amazing Be all, end all.

True nature of good Anthrax cover songs, show song Friggin' in the riggin', it's very good, funny (some are hilarious), it has speed, attitude, and in this case all band members sings also. This can be said for the rest of the songs also, Parasite, Sects and Pipeline are just good choices and well done, nothing to complain, nothing like Bush period cover songs.

So this is one of best EP's ever, something like Garage days re-revisited from Metallica. You just sit and listen, fantastic executed songs, recommended when you feel a little bit down, it's worth of the money – 90 points.