Buried In A Bad Rep - 30%

Slasher666, July 26th, 2011

After listening to their previous album, I thought that Annotations Of An Autopsy would have some good potential. I was wrong. Dark Days, the EP that had me thinking that it would be just as good as the previous album when in reality it was just plain sloppy and unprofessional. The lyrics are just plain boring and unoriginal, the vocals have turned to crap and everything else has just gone down the shitter. It seems that AOAA have gone back to their deathcore roots, which was expected, however it's still quite unfortunate. Such potential, such promise with their death metal album, and they just toss it all away.

I'll admit the fact that this album did have some good grooves to it, that is until the breakdowns showed up. When will people learn that deathcore isn't metal, but more of an imitation, "fake metal" if you will. Anyways, the vocals really did turn to shit, period. Sure, the vocalist ditched his constant "bree-ing" (from the album "Before the Throne of Infection"), but the vocals on this EP aren't any better, there's nothing stellar about it and it basically sounds like a bear with a scrotum injury. All in all, they weren't executed professionally.

Next, the song titles. They're all fine and good, except one that is titled "Reznov", what the fuck is this? Call of duty black ops? With a title like that then you know for a fact that this band needs to wake the fuck up and smell the virgin blood, this isn't metal at all. Then again, who am I to judge? It's not about the titles, it's about the music and quite frankly the music is just plain bad. Why? Well look at it this way, the vocals have gone bad as mentioned above, the guitars are very out of tune and flat, to sum it up: this EP sounds very unprofessional and sloppy all around. It's basically a failure that was going to occur for AOAA sooner or later, but I didn't think it would happen now. Don't buy this EP, unless you are someone who like this type of weak music, AOAA I dub thee fucked for life.