The New Amon Amarth...Of Black Metal! - 100%

lordmaltreas, March 11th, 2011

Ah, now here’s something interesting. Imagine Amon Amarth (in riffage) if they were a little more black metal influenced. That same tight sound that Amon Amarth used, and almost the same guitar riffs have indeed worked together to make one of the best single viking metal albums I’ve ever heard.

This band took what made Amon Amarth so popular, and added some experimental touches to it, evolving the sound of an already worn out viking metal stalwart. Allfader is definitely a band to watch closely, as this is one of the best there is right now. If you don’t believe me, just take your pick. Any cut off this 50 minute disc, will show you the sheer power, performance, and originality that this band possesses. I’ve heard a lot of viking bands, but nothing really stood out like this. It’s much heavier than the new Vried album, even though that’s still a tremendous release in itself.

If you haven’t heard this yet, you really need to get on it. It’s a phenomenal album with plenty to like, whether you’re a fan of viking metal or not. The death metal influence coupled with the progressive black / thrash that this band has seamlessly mixed together is unreal. As I’ve said many times in reviews, “this album is great to play when going down the road at a hundred miles an hour.”

I believe that everyone who is fan of modern viking metal, and blackened death metal in general should check this one out; especially those of you who are still under the assumption that there really aren’t any good metal bands out there these days.

We have a new Amon Amarth now, and I don’t even think that that particular band's upcoming release can compete with this. What an incredible album.