A Fast & Furious Classic! - 90%

Midknight, March 16th, 2005

First let me say that this is indeed Agent Steel's crowning achievement. If you have the time and the funds, I would definately recommend buying their whole discography, but if you are relatively new to this band and are looking for the best place to start, this is it!

This albums kicks off with possibly my favorite track off the disc, 'Destroy The Hush'. The vocals during the chorus are a bit power metal-esque, but they definately aren't as annoying and obnoxious as most of the high pitched singers that you'll come across in most of the power metal albums being released these days. The next track 'Illuminati Is Machine' has a great amount of galloping style riffs (courtesy of Juan Garcia) that put Schaffer from Iced Earth to shame. It also is easily one of the most catchiest and memorable tracks on here. The next track 'Fighting Backwards' has a lot of Sci-Fi samples throughout and overall gives the most feeling as to what Agent Steel are trying to deliver through the concept in this release. I've tried to figure it out myself, but I've still yet to come up with a definitive answer as to what they're trying to say lyrically and musically here. The best thing to do is to get it and judge for yourself. What is obvious is that this release is based around a lot of Sci-Fi subjects and visions. The music, lyrical content and art associated with this album all go together perfect. I would almost go as far to say that Agent Steel have created with one album what Voivod have been trying to do unsuccessfully since the beginning of their career. No, I'm not saying that Agent Steel completey wipe Voivod off the map with this, but as far as my eyes and ears go, this album is the epitome of Sci-Fi thrash metal.

The rest of the album stands up right along with the first few tracks on here. I can't really think of one thing wrong on this album or a track that doesn't fit in. Everything sounds perfect to me - everything from the samples to the clean guitar and piano intros. It all works together like magic to create one of the most perfect thrash metal albums I've heard in my lifetime. I can guarantee that this album will appeal to fans of any type of metal. There isn't really anything to have to digest or let sink in here. Every song hits hard and doesn't let go. If it goes to show you how much I love and recommend this album, my copy of this is scratched to Hell and needs replacing. I've listened to it so much that I've practically worn the disc out.

Anyway, if you're a huge fan of power, speed or thrash metal, check this monster out! If you're a fan of these genres, but have been turned off lately by a lot of the current bands of the said genres that tend to be cheesier than a plate of nachos, scope this out. You'll be headbanging to this for many, many years to come!