Progressive Thrash. - 78%

foshuggah, July 23rd, 2003

"Eyes of Tomorrow" is one of those overlooked albums. A sad fact, considering these guys were in the same vein as Anacrusis, Mekong Delta and Atheist to name a few.

This is one of those albums that are hard to get into, but once you assimilate the songs, it's just brilliant and completely stands out in the crowd.

Technnical and progressive, this albums showcases some pretty new ideas and influences with songs like the aptly-titled "Experience". There is a thrash influence there, with lots of weird melodic/harmonic ideas and odd time signatures. "Change of Mood" is another piece where you can find some jazz concepts mixed in. The top musicianship certainly help the songs to grow and develop, even though they are filled with many aspects that are/were not present in thrash metal or heavy metal in general.

But I can't get into the vocals yet. There is an annoying effect they use on this album that just gets on my nerves after a couple songs. This is really sad, cause I think the vocal lines are pretty good.

Anyway, if you are looking for some new (old) thrash with progressive influences, Aftermath is the way to go.